Sunday, April 12, 2009

TATE MODERN

TATE MODERN

The Tate Modern was a museum that I enjoyed very much. I really enjoyed the room full of colored mirrors by Jeff Koons. I enjoyed the bright colors of each mirror. I felt that the room had a childlike simplicity because each mirror was shaped like an animal and was so bright. The room made me feel really happy.

Photobucket

Another piece of art that I like was Dance? by Edward Ruscha. The painting itself was so simple. The word was painted in a way so it appeared to look like a dance floor. I enjoy seeing simple paintings and this one stood out to me because it was just the word dance painted onto a white background.

Photobucket


Another piece of art that stood out to me was Jane by Raqib Shaw. The painting was a portrait of Jane Seymour. It stood out me at first because of the glitter that was used in the artwork. I found the painting to be humorous when I learned that Jane was a portrait of Henry VIII’s third wife. It was one of my favorites from the third level.

Photobucket

1 comment: