Friday, May 1, 2009

My Aesthetic

There are various aesthetics in art. I enjoy many different aesthetics. My favorite aesthetic is similar to one of Baz Luhrmann. I am a surrealist. I enjoy heavily saturated colors and shiny things more than anything. The flashy images really capture my attention the quickest. I have always liked surrealism as well. I enjoy the work of Salvador Dali a lot.


At the Tate Britain, there was a very nice gallery featuring Rothko and Turner. I enjoyed Turner’s work more than Rothko’s. Rothko’s work was not interesting to me at all. I thought it was quite boring. The Turner works however were very beautiful. Although they were not in my aesthetic, I found them very captivating. I had to look closely to see what actually was in the picture and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. Your aesthetic is exactly what i've expected it to be! I have to disagree with your opinion of Rothko's painting, but I understand how you perceived it in that way.
    -Pauline Truong

    ReplyDelete