Monday, June 1, 2009

Philosophy of Art

ART


The philosophy of art class this quarter was like no other class that I have ever taken. I have never as many trips to museums and galleries as I had in this class. I learned a lot in this class. Before this class I did not pay much attention to art other than whether I thought if it was pretty or not. Now I try to analyze it more to see what the artist is trying to convey in a particular piece of art.

I really enjoyed going to many of the galleries. Some of my favorites were The Saatchi, Tate Modern, and The National Gallery. They all had their own special things that made them memorable. The Saatchi had the Retirement Home exhibit, Tate Modern had the the Dominique Gonzalez-Foerster exhibition, and the National Gallery had one of my favorite paintings, the Arnolfini Portrait.

This class has helped me appreciate art so much more.

1 comment: